Ultra Control 20A Race 2S-4S OPTO
The Graupner Ultra Control 20A Race is the perfect controller for any multirotor especially with race copters used in FPV Racing. The Ultra Control 20A Race combines a compact design (23 x 12 x 5 mm), light weight (7 g), fast response times and with settings already optimized for race copters.
The Ultra Control 20 A is based on the latest BL-Heli Open Source Software. The flight controller uses the advanced 50MHz Silabs processors. With twice the clock rate compared to its predecessors it guarantees higher maximum speeds and precise timing at high speeds.
The amplifier is housed in a 3.3 x 3.3 DFN package. The field effect transistors (FET) have an extremely low internal resistance (<1.7 mOhm). Special FET drivers provide a more effective active recovery and better cooling for the amplifiers. The ceramic capacitors used allow super-fast start-up times and guarantee high operational reliability.
The active Damped Light mode allows a more precise flight behavior. The Ultra Control 20A Race automatically detects normal (PPM) receiver pulses, Multishot, D-Shot and OneShot capable flight controllers.
The speed limit of the Ultra Control 20A Race is max 400,000 RPM min with two pole motors.
The Ultra Control 20A Race can programmed and updated with the Graupner USB updater (7168.6) using the BL Heli desktop software.
- Open Source BL Heli Software 14.2
- 50 MHz Silabs Processor
- High DFN 3.3x3.3 EP FET amplifiers
- Special FET Driver
- Ceramic Capacitors
- Compatible with PPM, OneShot, D-Shot and Multishot
- Programming and firmware updates with BL-Heli software
- Optimized for GR-18 and Racing Quads
- Ultra Control 20A Race
Instructions for programming and updating Graupner Ultra Control 20A ESC’s P/N S3056.MB – S3056 – S3057
BLHeliSuite. Download here
- Graupner USB firmware update board and cables P/N 7168.6 and P/N 7168.S (please note that this cable set is provided standard with the mz-18, mz-24, X-8N, X-8E, mc-20, mc-16, mc-32 and mx-20 radios)
- Any 3S power source to power the Graupner Ultra Control ESC
- Servo T-Cable to connect the ESC to the USB update board
After downloading the BLHeliSuite which comes in an archive, install the files from the archive in a directory where you have access rights to.
The Graupner USB update board requires the Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART drivers. Please note that in the latest windows 8 and windows 10 there is no need for installing those drivers. You can find those drivers here.
- Connect the USB cable to the USB update board and to your computer
- Connect the ESC plug and the two wire plug coming from the USB board (orange/brown) to the Y-Cable
- Start the BLHeliSuite software
- From the main menu click “Select ATMEL / SILABS Interface”
- Select “ATMEL BLHeli Bootloader USB/COM”
- Check on the left bottom corner that the right COM Port is selected (usually COM 3)
- Click on “Connect”
- A dialog will show asking you to Connect the ESC and Power Up. Apply power to the ESC. You will see the button “Connect” change to “Disconnect” indicating that the connection to the BLHeliSuite is active.
- Press the button “Read Setup” to read the current settings of the ESC.
- You will see at the top the current firmware version of the Graupner Ultra 20A ESC.
- Any changes made to the firmware settings need to be activated by pressing “Write Setup”
- If you want to check for newer firmware, click on “Flash BLHeli”. The latest firmware will be shown in the dialog. Select the version you would like to use and press OK.